PRINTING AND CONVERTING TIPS
TIP #6 Reducing Matrix Breaks on Press
Matrix breaks on-press are addressed by the following common methods, depending on the actual root cause of the problem:
* lowering the material's release.
* re-configuring the die pattern to be more forgiving (rounded label corners, minimum 1/8" matrices).
* lowering the stripping angle - be careful not to promote pre-dispensing in so doing.
* increasing the diameter of the stripping roll.
* chilling the web in case of hot melts to make the adhesive more brittle.